Click and Listen Live to Premier FM 93.5 Ibadan, Kapital FM 92.9 Abuja and Metro FM 97.6 Lagos
Listen again to previously broadcast programme
The Department was established to teach subjects that will broaden the knowledge of participants in areas other than their core discipline. The subjects are compulsory for all students at the Basic course Level.
1. BASIC FRENCH It is designed to sensitize participants on the rudiments of the French Language.
COURSE CONTENT Simple French greetings; introducing one self, nationality, age, profession as well as name, date, simple numbers 1-20, 30, 40, and time. Basic French courses are recorded on Cassette Tapes and CDs and are available for those who are interested.
2. USE OF ENGLISH This is to expose participants to basic expressions in English Language.
3. BASIC HAUSA 4. BASIC IGBO 5. BASIC YORUBA
The Basic Nigerian Language subjects are designed to sensitize participants on the rudiments of the various Languages.
6. CULTURE AND SOCIETY It aims at removing ethnic stereotyping and in its place, encourages the building of bridges of understanding.
7. FRCN MISSION AND VISION Students are intimated with the Mission and Vision of the Federal Radio Corporation of Nigeria not only to carry them along but to also awaken their desire to imbibe the spirit.
8. GLOBALIZATION AND BROADCASTING: THE CHANGE IMPERATIVE: It is to awaken the students to realize the need to be aware of the global trend not only as broadcasters but also as individuals.
9. PUBLIC RELATIONS AND THE BROADCASTER: Students learn the basic principle needed in their interaction with members of the public as broadcasters.
General topics are discussed such as; Virtues, ethnics, protocol and cooperation with Security Agents etc.